Digital transformation has become a bit of a buzz word over recent years but what does it actually mean?
Put simply, the term refers to the positive opportunity that can result when businesses retire old ways of doing things and replace them with progressive, technology-based alternatives. It usually refers to a cultural shift within a business, an overall strategy that takes into consideration all processes, all departments, and all commercial objectives.
It can’t be denied that digital transformation represents both a challenge (how do we achieve it?) and an opportunity (what will improve once we achieve it?) for businesses of all shapes, sizes, and sectors. This is perhaps why, despite ‘90 per cent of CEOs believing that the digital economy will have a significant impact on their industry, only 25 per cent have plans in place [to introduce digital transformation] and less than 15 per cent are funding and executing the plan.’¹
“Interestingly, 55 per cent of companies that do not have digital transformation programmes in place say the timeframe to adopt one is a year or less.”
Interestingly, ’55 per cent of companies that do not have digital transformation programmes in place say the timeframe to adopt one is a year or less. 85 per cent of decision makers feel they have a timeframe of 2 years before suffering financially or falling behind competitors.’²
Document management is an example of a business function that has the potential to improve (become faster, cheaper, more effective) with the introduction of technology. By replacing disjointed, paper or email-based methods of document management with an innovative, intuitive, and intelligent Document Management System (DMS), businesses can:
- Benefit from rich, matter centric workspaces tailored to their exact requirements. No more reliance on unsecure, slow and cumbersome email inboxes to manage documents!
- Take customer service to the next level by collaborating with stakeholders on a safe and secure, Microsoft SharePoint-based platform.
- Quickly and easily access the files they need from anywhere with an internet connection. With the use of meta data tagging and sophisticated search functionality the time taken to locate a specific file can be significantly reduced; improving productivity and profit.
- Take control of document data with automated version control, document numbering, permissions and security templates.
- Connect Outlook to allow users to easily copy contacts between platforms.
- Seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft applications to achieve true digital transformation.
Don’t get left behind in the race for digital transformation. Embrace technology and achieve a competitive advantage.
For a free demo of Contentworker by Formpipe, a DMS in SharePoint, please contact us today.